Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] outside criticism

 

Hi Linda,
 
My answer is a simple one-"Sod it and Sod them"!!
 
At the end of the day No one especially those of certain faiths are even going to condone ordinary ie;Hatha Yoga because it's seen as bowing down to 'Hindu Gods'. I have been through this same onld crap before when I was doing my 'searching for meaning' and I had to throw ALL my Yoga DVD's out AND stop doing Yoga on top.
 
Even when I said I was doing it for health reasons (I have a bad back) it did not matter. It is all down to Religion and peoples Religious beliefs and I truly understand where you are coming from and how you are feeling.
 
Now Linda I have come to the conclusion that I do not want any part of any religion-therefore if you were to ask me what religion I belong to,I would say 'None', because I know there is God and I have my own little beliefs and I take a bit from here and a bit from there,whatever suits 'me' and I'm happy with that and no one will take that away from me.
 
I personally 'avoid' certain faith people like the plague but I am too strong now to be swayed and yes I have read KY is from the 'Occult'.....And? I know some people personally who are far more 'fake' and shall we say not very genuine in what they preach, that belong to the some of the regular religions,so I say to myself..."What does it matter".
 
If they were true friends Linda, they would accept you and respect what you choose to do-that's what friendship is.
 
My 'adopted' (we all became good friends) 2nd family are Jehovah's Witness's and they know I do not believe what they do and they still love me and I love them heaps. True religious folk, in my eyes, believe that it is only God that can direct you and not people and should therefore love or like you none the less.
 
And I can tell you for what it's worth...you will never get to change the minds of those that are not accepting what you are practicing.
 
I hope some of this has helped.
 
Be who you want to be,and do what makes 'You' happy :)
 
With much heart and happy blessings,
 
Caroline x

From: Linda <lndchurchill@yahoo.com>
To: Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:47 PM
Subject: [Kundalini Yoga] outside criticism

 

How does one handle the non/un believer in KY...I hear fears that I am dealing with the occult, devil or evil and the cause of many disruptions are brought about because of my practice! Huh? I believe in God, the power of the universe and the intention of peace.
I do not want to discontinue my practice even the slightest bit. Any suggestions on my internal mind overcoming this situation.

Blessings
Beantpal Kaur

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment