Saturday, July 23, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: New to kundilini yoga (knees)

 

Dear Bryan,
Many Kundalini postures can be done in a chair if it is difficult for you to sit in cross-legged posture.
Or sit with your legs straight out in front of you.
Try sitting on a pillow.

You can always adapt any posture for your comfort.

When you say "work with one volume" I'm not sure what you mean. I guess Nirvair Singh Khalsa's teachings come in different sets?

We usually do one set for 40 days, altho there is no hard and fast rule about that. Yogi Bhajan says it takes 40 days to change a habit.

Pls be gentle with yourself, esp. those knees.

best,
Kartar Kaur

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, "Bryan Johnson" <calmeffects@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> My name is Bryan and I am new to doing yoga. I am 50 years old and have bad knees. The sitting and crossing my legs is hard to do. I have the beginners kundalini yoga program from Nirvair Singh Khalsa. My question is how long should you work with one volume before moving on to the next. I so much want to learn to do it properly.
>
> Thank You
> Bryan
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment