Friday, July 29, 2011

RE: [Kundalini Yoga] I need guidance about what my new name now entails

Dear Harpiara Kaur, Just a little correction on your initial message to Amarjot Kaur. Both the men (Singh) and women (Kaur) take the name Khalsa (meaning the "Pure Ones") when they become Sikh. Blessings!Padmani Kaur To: Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com
From: caroline.west83@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 21:24:50 -0700
Subject: [Kundalini Yoga] I need guidance about what my new name now entails






Hello Every one!! Sat Nam!!

Hello Harpiara (a lovely sounding name,conjures up beauty and grace:) and thank you for what you wrote :)

I really need to talk to someone/everyone. It's a delicate subject or maybe it might not be, I don't know which is why I want to ask it, plus talk about my feelings on this matter. And I seriously DO NOT wish to offend anyone and I'm sorry if it does.

Here goes...

I have been through the whole 'religious' phase of my life, and I am now 36, and I have found 'My Truth' which is that I don't wish to belong to any religion at all, not one religion or another religion, I prefer to remain neutral.

I read books, articles about all the religions and take what I like from each but I just cannot belong to either or. It's like if the 'Christians' (which I tried to be one once!!) they would be in uproar if they knew about what I'm up to now!! I find it all quite amusing :D but do you see what I mean?

After all, all religions, well most, they all allude to the same God and we shouldn't be divided, again another reason I just can't commit to any one religion and will not commit to any one religion because of this divide in the name of God? God doesn't want that?! so it's a moral and ethical reasoning with me as well.

I don't even know whether having a spiritual name meant that it automatically declared me as a Sikh, I hope it didn't. Because of my own beliefs I will always be Caroline first even though I feel so happy having a Spiritual name and I love the meaning behind it-it makes me feel so special, but I just don't wish to be classified as belonging to Sikhism. So please could some of you give me some guidance on this as I really have no clue!!

So just to recap, I am not a Christian,not a Hindu, nor a Jehovah's Witness, not Muslim, not Sikh, nor Buddhist...you get the drift!! but I take guidance from all of them and remain Neutral.

Any comments I really would love to hear,

Warm Blessings to every ones hearts,

Caroline/Amarjot xx

________________________________

From: Nancy Hight <dinniepup@yahoo.com>

To: caroline.west83@yahoo.com

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 6:17 PM

Subject: Spiritual Names

Sat Nam Amarjot Kaur,

I believe you can start using it as much as you want and are comfortable with.

Some people use their spiritual name in place of their real name for everything after receiving it, even at work, especially if they have become a follower of Sikhism.

Say it to yourself as much as possible also while you are thinking about what it means.

This is a two paragraph blurb that came with my spiritual name;

The power of a Spiritual Name is that the more people speak

your name, the more it permeates into your being,…and the more you experience its power to manifest in your life. Allow the power of the'NAAD' (spiritual sound)of your new name to have its vibrational effect. Let the vibration of the sound bring you into harmony with your soul's truth.

Meditate on your beautiful spiritual name, listen to it in the depth of your heart and connect with your Creator. May you excel in the Age of Aquarius and light up the universe as we move from finite consciousness to a consciousness of Infinity.

The 3ho.org web-site also has a link to help with pronunciation of the name. It was helpful with mine.

Blessings!

Harpiara Kaur

P.S. A lot of women have "Khalsa" as the last part of their name. This means they have become Sikhs. For men, the name "Singh" signifies that they have become Sikhs also.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattanaYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kundaliniyoga/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kundaliniyoga/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
Kundaliniyoga-digest@yahoogroups.com
Kundaliniyoga-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Kundaliniyoga-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments:

Post a Comment