Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] Help Understanding!

 

Hi Cecilia,
 
I'm just very new to the group and am very new to KY.
 
I just ordered the 7 journeys through the Chakra's set by Maya Fiennes and I wrote in at her webpage 'How' I should do the DVD's-in order...Root Chakra up to Crown OR just jump in anywhere. And the reply I got was First to start off from the root and work my way up and then after that pick and choose which ones to do.
 
Plus with her DVD's I was told to do them only 2-3 times a week.
 
Now with what you are asking...well...I did the first root chakra DVD and as I have had 'issues' with that particular chakra, afterwards I was not only exhausted but I was sweating and I was cold,the lot. I should have rested for an hour after but I had to go out. I was knackered!
 
So naturally I left it a bit and then it was day before yesterday I did the 2nd Chakra  DVD and made sure that I had nowhere to go after so I could rest.
 
Now this is only going by Maya's DVD's and what her consultant who said she actually asked Maya, had told me about how I should do it.
 
When I re-read the info on the back of the root chakra DVD it actually did say it was detoxifying so it made perfect sense why I had that reaction.
 
Now with other KY instructors,I have heard it's ok to do it every day,I just suppose you have to listen to what your body is saying to you Cecilia. Maybe you have a lot of energy that needs letting go of, I don't know, but I have a feeling that if you take note of what your body is telling you and follow it as a guide then maybe your energy will slowly pick up in time and you won't have these feelings anymore. Just a thought.
 
Caroline xx
 
 

From: "ceciliamendes.t21@btinternet.com" <ceciliamendes@talk21.com>
To: Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:17 PM
Subject: [Kundalini Yoga] Help Understanding!

 


Hello! I have been connected to this group for awhile now, just reading
and using some of the great information shared here.

Got to know KY over a year now, mainly using Maya Fiennes dvd's. But
feel that towards the end of my fifth day into any krya, my body feels
exhausted and just wants to shut down and go to sleep, but I know I
would if I could do lots more, but the tiredness is so overwhelming
that usually takes me 2 days to recover so I end up giving up the krya
and the KY for while till I crave it again? Has it happened to anyone
else, any idea why it might be happening in my body to shut down like
that?

With gratitude!

Cecilia

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment