Monday, February 13, 2012

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] Re: 15 year old boy having a kundalini awakening experience

 



I think a lot of things in K yoga start to make more sense when you get deeper experiences of change. However I don't really understand this one either!

However if I hold some positions I start to shake, then as I carry on each day with my kriya I shake less. Maybe that's a sign of this strength. The change feels like it is not due to muscle changes alone. 
Absolutely. I realize that as I make some kriyas, particularly those that move the arm, the movement becomes easier and fluid. And is not related to muscle strength, as I see many older teachers who do intense movements continuously rather more tranquil than young people with strong body. I realize the strenghtening, but I asked that question because I am a kundalini yoga teacher and students sometimes question the information contained in the book and I think here is the place to ask questions and share with other teachers, isn't?
The experience is always more important, but in the West to be a good teacher and meet different kinds of students I think it's essential to have a deep knowledgeof physical and physiological studies since many people only surrender initially when they understand what they are doing intellectually.

On a theoretical level our para-sympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems (SNS) work in opposition - SNS fires us up for fight or flight and stops our emotions interfering with our action. The other reverses this process to bring us back to neutral.I have read that for some people it is the SNS that needs strengthening.

I think of this as a very dynamic process - so rather than static
strength it is an improvement in balancing of the systems so whichever
way we are buffeted we can return to neutral more readily.

But most people in our high stress world don't return to neutral - too much SNS firing for the para-SNS to cope with. Yoga makes the para-SNS work better - you could say it strengthens it. 
I believe that both encourage the nervous systems simultaneously and continuously with Yoga and do not know if the fact of being constantly required by the exercises make it work better and stronger, but the fact that the nervous system does not return to neutral, in my opinion, has more to do with whether the person is continuously sending nerve stimulation by reactions to the pleasurable and painful sensationsas in the case of depression, it is necessary that you are holding a permanent state of fear for the metabolic process remains active. Would be interesting to discuss further on this issue.

I think in some extreme kundalini experiences the para-SNS goes haywire. Once I woke up and my spine was 'doing yoga by itself' and I was in a mighty mental turmoil. Having made sure this was no dream I decided to let it carry on - yoga benefits without the hard work. But then I knew I would start verbalising loudly and disturbing the household! It took me a while to stop the process and I have been unable to restart it like that ever since!
Wow... Nice experience Keith..

As I had some experience of dramatic releases in yoga I have an explanation (how true it is is hard to know!) and could stop it. But if it happens in people without that experience it must be truly awful! But then maybe they get the benefit of years of yoga in a short time.

These are just views from my experience, I'm not a proper trained person in these matters.

The knowledge of Kundalini Yoga is so deep and particular that it is very difficult to find words and fit into our mental structure. But somehow we have to explain to some students much of what happens in the class but to be honest is all about the daily practice.

Indeed there is much more than we can talk and most of what Yogi Bhajan taught is now being gradually unveiled and explained in our knowledge structure that divides the body into several parts as if they were not related.

I hope other forum participants can add their insights to these questions.
Sat Nam, 
Siri Sevak Singh - Brazil

Keith

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment