Monday, February 13, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: 15 year old boy having a kundalini awakening experience

 

Hi Siri Sevak,

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, Luciano Thomas <lucianothomas@...> wrote:
>
> Well, they say the nerves can not be stretched or strengthened and that is why I do not understand when I read: 
> This or that kriya strengthens the nervous system. 

I think a lot of things in K yoga start to make more sense when you get deeper experiences of change. However I don't really understand this one either!

However if I hold some positions I start to shake, then as I carry on each day with my kriya I shake less. Maybe that's a sign of this strength. The change feels like it is not due to muscle changes alone.

On a theoretical level our para-sympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems (SNS) work in opposition - SNS fires us up for fight or flight and stops our emotions interfering with our action. The other reverses this process to bring us back to neutral.

But most people in our high stress world don't return to neutral - too much SNS firing for the para-SNS to cope with. Yoga makes the para-SNS work better - you could say it strengthens it.

I have read that for some people it is the SNS that needs strengthening.

I think of this as a very dynamic process - so rather than static strength it is an improvement in balancing of the systems so whichever way we are buffeted we can return to neutral more readily.

In a panic attack the SNS goes haywire.

I think in some extreme kundalini experiences the para-SNS goes haywire. Once I woke up and my spine was 'doing yoga by itself' and I was in a mighty mental turmoil. Having made sure this was no dream I decided to let it carry on - yoga benefits without the hard work. But then I knew I would start verbalising loudly and disturbing the household! It took me a while to stop the process and I have been unable to restart it like that ever since!

As I had some experience of dramatic releases in yoga I have an explanation (how true it is is hard to know!) and could stop it. But if it happens in people without that experience it must be truly awful! But then maybe they get the benefit of years of yoga in a short time.

These are just views from my experience, I'm not a proper trained person in these matters.

Sat Nam,
Keith

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment