Sunday, November 20, 2011

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] advice

 

Sometimes life can be hard. I can relate with your words. I am also 57, left a good paying job about five years ago and have experienced concerns about my financial situation. I also feel some nasty depression from time to time. My advice is to stick with a practice as often as you can. I have practiced kundalini yoga for ten years and taught for eight. There are days when the best I can do it so sit quietly with my breath, my feelings and my thoughts, often times with my tears. Be easy with yourself. We are changing on a collective level in so many ways just now and at a mind boggling pace it seems. You have also passed through a pivotal point in life, the years from 54 though 56 give or take a few. What used to work just isn't going to be as effective as it once was. Life hasn't passed you by, it is presenting a whole new set of options.

Any form of exercise can improve one's spirit. Yogi Bhajan taught so many wonderful kriyas and meditations which work very specifically. Meditation will allow you to see beyond the patterns of thought which can keep us in the 'struggle'. There are a wealth of sources online (Gururattan's for instance), in books and manuals in classes.

You are welcome to contact me directly.

Sat Nam,

Joan Richards

On Nov 20, 2011, at 9:00 AM, pisceswise wrote:

> I am 57 and feel life has just passed my by. I am struggling financially. physically, and emotionally. I try not to be depressed but it seems so hard. I just need some advice, Thanks.
>
> __._,_.__

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment