Friday, April 8, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] The Power of Kundalini yoga

 

Sat Nam,I Just need to remark on the amazing power of the practice of Kundalini yoga. I remember when I firt took the time to comtemplate moving from my regular Iyengar practice to my now Daily Kundalini practice. I kept thinking what will happen when I do the teacher training and I get so commited to Kundalini that I stop my Hatha practice. Then I read what Yogi Bhajan said " If you do Kundalini yoga you will be in great shape to do any other yoga." I thought i'd put this to the test. I did my teacher training spent a year only doing Kundalini and then went back to my very strict and anatomically correct demanding Iyengar class. I was so amazed to see that Postures I had worked so hard to perfect over the years now cames so fluidly and with such grace and ease.I have also noticed in the last few years how even after not doing any cardio work I can start a commited 2 mile run and feel no pain the next morning. I also play squash and I see how my lung capacity long out lives others I play who run and work out on a daily basis. But the Cream of the crop came yesterday. I am volunteer co coaching the High school Lacrosse team. Yesterday the coach had us running up hills do so much Conditioning and sprints and static cardio work and I woke up this morning feeling like a fit racehorse not a sore muscle.I am 52. I have not worked out like that in almost 5 years! I know it is the Kundalini the strength of the core/navel center, the breath of fire and all the demanding postures we do for those lengths of time. I also know it is the development of the nuetral mind that allows me to go on and on like the ever ready bunny. Sat Nam Raj Kinin

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment