Wednesday, April 6, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Classes

 

Hi Lily.  I wanted to acknowledge you for your courage and desire to serve.  Sat
Nam.  I too, own a studio, in the beer and barbeque heaven of League City
Texas.  I am in my 3rd year now, and just this year have begun to make enough to
even pay the mortgage on the studio.  It has been tough and my money has gotten
leaner and leaner as I've gone along.  Without my husband, I would not have been
able to keep the doors open.  However, my place is growing now, and I went from
just two-three students in September 2010 to now about 20, and it has happened
in the last six months.  Heck I might even have 25 students if I count the
drop-ins.  I am hoping we have turned a corner.

One way I held on was to consult with my astrologers even before I opened so I
knew what to expect.  I knew it would be almost 3 years, because for some
reason, the Studio was "hidden" in my chart.  So, that helped me so much.  Maybe
you could get a reading from a very good astrologer and they could help you
understand your trends?  The other thing I did in year 2 after I found myself
playing alone in my Studio was to diversify and add more options to what the
Studio offered. 

These ideas may or may not fit your circumstances, but might act as a creative
springboard for you:
* Do you have a website? It really helps.
* Can you find a product to sell?  I don't know if that's viable for you, but
it gives you a place to get a bit of income and to drive more people to your
site/studio.  Natural soaps, aromatherapy oils, etc.
* Do you do massage or have a friend that can offer it through your place?
* Do you do energy work or have a friend that can offer it through your place?
* Do you have a friend that can offer a second type of yoga as well, one that
would compliment what you are doing?
* Are you great with kids? Moms? Are you artistic?  Can you create offerings
around those things?
* Incentives are great.  I.e. offer your first class for free along with a
reduced cost for the first month of membership
* Spiff up the place if necessary.  We repainted the outside trim of our studio
in cherry red last month -- really increased the visibility of the place.
* Attend health & wellness fairs.  Contact colleges & universities in  your
area.
* Put out some YouTube Videos.
* Write for local publications to become an "expert" if you have writing
skills.  They don't pay you anything, but people see your name and that helps.
Sat Nam.  Blessings to you, Lily.  Lola
 
 
Lola Scarborough
YOGA LOLA STUDIOS
1701 Highway 3 SouthYour Unique Fitness Boutique!
League City, Texas  77573
281-684-3168
lola@yogalola.com
www.yogalola.com
www.bodybuddiesyogalola.com

 Need pain relief or just a new outlook on life?  Get yourself a BodyBuddies™!
and say hello to your new best friend(s)!  BodyBuddies™! are accupressure mats
and pillows that provide enormous relief for a wide variety of painful physical
and emotional conditions.  Check them out at www.bodybuddiesyogalola.com
orwww.yogalola.comand get yours today!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment