Friday, December 30, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: Teaching Kundalini Yoga

 

Hello,
I must say I agree with you that the classes are very expensive, too long, and require travel.
OTOH, I would not want to be taught by someone who just hangs up a shingle and says, "I am a yoga teacher." A person can be badly hurt by an inept yoga teacher.

I wish there would be something like an apprenticeship. It seems to me that some of the things that are taught in the certified training are not necessary like all the anatomy and physiology. But that's just my opinion. I have not taken the training. I did live in an ashram for a while and after a couple of years of practicing yoga, I was invited to lead a class which I did. Since then I often lead a class, but I am careful to say that I am NOT a teacher, that I am a practitioner, who is merely doing yoga with other people.

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, "jaipreetgirl" <jaipreetgirl@...> wrote:
>
> Sat Nam
> I would like to become a Kundalina Yoga instructor but I find that the classes are so very expensive - I find that to be very frustrating and feel that it has more to do with marketing than than Yogi Bhajan's philosophy that you teach to create teachers that in turn will teach. Now one must be certified and the certifications are very expensive. The classes always require travel and added expenses for lodging.
> I am feel certain that I am not the only one that is frustrated by this. Does anyone know of a way that you can learn to become a teacher without busting ones bank account?
> Thanking all in advance for any incite or suggestions.
> Infinite Blessings,
> Jaipreet
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment