Sunday, December 11, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: Decreased interest in sex after sodharshan

 

Thank you so much for your input, it means a lot to me to hear of other people's experiences.

I notice that the digging goes far beyond what I had expected, so I take small steps and will not do more than I can handle. As of today, I will remain doing my 5 minutes a day.

I will let some more time pass, and follow your advice to have my hormone levels checked up, if my sex drive haven't returned by then.

But until then, I continue with the SCK, and trust that what needs to happen will happen. I will also talk about this with my husband.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Jenny

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, Tom Wallace <tomlwallace@...> wrote:
>
> Sat Nam
>
> I don't have answers for you, but I will share my experience re: Sodarshan Chakra Kriya and sex drive.
> First note that I am male so there are physical differences.
> Background: I've been doing SCK for a little over a year now. I started with 6 minutes, worked up to 62 minutes over the course of a month or so, did 62 minutes for 6 months and then dropped to 31 where i am stabilized now.
> A decrease in sex drive was a very obvious symptom in the beginning. You are normal! However, over the course of months, sex drive slowly came back.
> I have no idea hormonally or whatever what was going on, but given time, it all came into balance.
>
> SCK does (in my experience) dig deep into past memory and emotions in ways that I didn't expect. This happened not just while sitting, but during the day and dreams too. My only advice is to let things come up and out. Don't suppress but don't act out. Let yourself feel. It is not necessarily pleasant now, but in time it will be.
>
> More on sex drive - our life experience is more dependent on our hormone levels then we know. If after some period of time, call it six months, your sex drive is not acceptable, have your testosterone and other hormones checked. If testosterone is low (I don't know how old you are, but I don't mean low "for your age" I mean low for the age you want to be) then consider working on the hormonal level. Before looking at chemical solutions, there are wonder herbs that help support healthy hormone levels. I am 54 and have started using maca (it is a south american root) - one teaspoon in my smoothie, and it is great. It works for men and women. Others include Tong Kat Ali and tribulus terrestris.
>
> As far as wanting still time - listen to your needs! Taking the still time to be in touch will (in time) make your relationship better. But it might take time.
>
> SCK is powerful medicine. Let the changes happen, don't resist.
>
> be well, Tom
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment