Wednesday, January 4, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: So Purkh

 

First, a big new years' thank you for all you do and your dedication to the teachings, Guru Gordon and Guru Rattana!

No one else has replied to Guru Rattana's request about results for So Purkh, so I'll mention some that I've had.

It is rather difficult to even comprehend the sounds at first if you're not talented in languages. Although it's advised that you have to chant it, I just played it out loud and listened to it when I couldn't begin to keep up with the gurbani. It still helps in your relationship to the men in your life. I still don't have it memorized and stumble over parts of it while listening to Nirinjian Kaur's recording and I've done it hundreds of times, but that's just me. A friend of mine, who went into a full bound lotus on her first attempt, chants so purkh from memory while doing her bound lotus sadhana.

I believe it works in several of ways. First, just opening yourself up to the sound current passively helps and may give you enough in results to satisfy you. It's amazing, but the men in your life will begin softening their attitudes immediately! However, Deva Kaur told me the practice can really be charged up by having an intention, a particular thing you hope to achieve, and I've found this to be true. If you keep it in mind while chanting you will start having some huge realizations about your situation from different viewpoints, including personal culpability and what influenced those actions and reactions (karma!).

A big part of the way it seems to work is by healing "the male within you", if you're at all familiar with Jungian psychology, anima and animus. Heal yourself and you heal others around you.

Some other observations, besides helping my marriage, is that the ethers are not bound by time and space. More recently I've also chanted for my son in another continent to give him support and strength. And here's something else to get your arms around: supposedly Yogi Bhajan said something to the effect that by raising yourself, you can raise 7 generations forward and back. So I began thinking about my Father while chanting, as well as brother and cousins, grandfathers, and yes, wrinkles have been ironed out!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment