Friday, January 6, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Kundalini yoga

 

I am a level One Kundalini Yoga instructor now living in Cuenca Ecuador. I have been here 6 months and really enjoyed the Kundalini community here. It is very large. I assisted in the last two modules of the first ever Kundalini level 1 Training here. The class graduated 27 new teachers. Since I have been in Ecuador many people have asked me to teach Hatha yoga,(Iyengar). I practiced Iyengar for years before I did my Level 1 training. I had worked so hard to perfect my postures and when I taught classes I used to dread teaching for reasons like; giving manuals assists,to coming up with good sequencing. Before I did my Level 1 Kundalini yoga I was debating for a long time whether to do a level l Anusara training or a level 1 Kundalini training. I did a lot of research and then came across this reading:
The Aquarian Teacher" Level One instructor text book,fourth edition, chapter 3, page 33; "Yogi Bhajan on Kundalini
Yoga & Hatha Yoga".. It made my mind up for me. During my Kundalini training I did only Kundalini yoga I stopped Hatha completely. I thought to myself this will be a test to see if truely Kundalini can keep you fit for any type of Yoga. When I did return to my Iyengar class a year later, I was stronger in all the poses with half the effort. Today I practice only Kundalini but I did take up the offer to teach Hatha and I have found that I never worry anymore about the assists or the sequencing. I am stronger today in my postures and my teachings than I have ever been before. I am amazed at how easily the classes flow in my brain as I transpose them to my new students. I agree 100% with what Yogi Bhajan said about Kundalini yoga keeping you fit enough to do any type of yoga or for that matter sport.
"Yoga, plus three years of Mantra Yoga, plus one year of Laya Yoga is equal tothe effect of just one complete year of Kundalini Yoga."
Sat Nam Raj Kirin Kaur


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment