Thursday, January 5, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] My Kundalini Journey

 

First another brief thing about me.. I've always been into things that may be considered 'offbeat' or esoteric to the general populace and have enjoyed many years of theosophical studies (revolving around everything from occult magick, the afterlife, psychic abilities, spirits, etc.). I've also been on scientific paranormal investigations..... And I've been doing yoga since I was 12.

So, I learned kundalini yoga first through a class at a yoga studio here in Portland and really was pleased with the results from the first class. It was the NOISIEST yoga class I had ever been in. Not only did we do Sat kriya, we did one where we laid on our backs and gently rhythmically drummed on our heart, gently chanting something to the effect of "hum-hari-hum-hari-hum-dum-hum-dum".. THEN.. in shavasana, the teacher walked around banging a clamorous gong. At first it made me jump, but I soon got over it and just absorbed the experience and walked away feeling like the whole experience 'reset' my brain a bit and fortified my nerves..

It's been hard to keep taking regular classes from a kundalini teacher with my current budget.. or even buy a book. Ironically, as a yoga teacher I don't have a lot of means to take classes anywhere but the gym I currently am contracted at. There's no Kundalini there. I was going occasionally to 3HO's 4:30am sadhana but I tried to go a few weeks ago with a friend and to our shock no one was there.

Anyway, since I've decided to do a few things that I've remembered from yoga classes, so I can seriously facilitate a shift in myself, I spontaneously ran across a resource that had the perfect set of kriyas for me. Ironic because I've been casually searching for good resources for kriyas on line for quite some time and now the grace of god has revealed them to me. ;)

So, now I have been doing 12 kriyas every day for the past 7 days. I get up every day no later than 6... Usually I manage to get up at 3:40-4:00. Just trying to not force the waking up early thing but just making myself get up as soon as I can, then taking as cold a shower. It seems to be working well for me. After only 2 days of practicing these kriyas, I had an epiphany that catalyzed a huge release of sadness. I suddenly fully realized how vital it was for me to let this sadness move from me, and it did in a powerful way. I felt what could best be described as a kriya moving though me as I laughed and cried simultaneously for about a minute before controlling myself. It really scared my boyfriend for a minute, and he admitted thinking of calling 911..(!) but then he realized that I regained composure.... Yes, I could safely say a kriya running through me because all of this practice has helped me to realize that the experience I had 10 years ago indeed was a kundalini one.. It was just without taking kundalini classes. It was in part because I relinquished ownership of most of my possessions at that time and perhaps also because in my heart of hearts I do wish for liberation.

So..... Anyway, I will continue documenting tidbits and bon mots about my experience on the following page:

http://www.yogamagick.com/blog

Much love and well wishes to all beings and aspirants of the adi shakti.

Sat nam!

-Katherine

P.S.... Does any one know how one normally goes about getting their Gurbani name?

-- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, Brinda johnson <bjohnson2008@...> wrote:
>
> Sounds interesting!  How did you learn to do the Kundalini Yoga?  How long did it take you?
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment