Thursday, March 13, 2014

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] Should a married woman dance with men other than her husband?

 

Hi,

Everybody writes their own book in a marriage.  

I used to be a professional flamenco dancer and  from my perspective, this is all a performance.  Tango has a similar earthy energy to it.  

I love that my husband gives me the freedom to do what I want and it reaffirms my love to him.  I have the liberty to explore my interests without judgements.  We actually learned to dance ballroom together.  I loved that he tried to do something I enjoyed.  We support each other.  If he would not give me space we would not have been together -and happy- for twenty years. My experience has only strengthened my commitment to our relationship. 

In my explorations, I became a yoga teacher and have developed a strong spiritual and meditation practice.  Many blessings have come my way.  I wish you many blessings too.

Om Shanti

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 8, 2014, at 7:37 AM, recycledsole@yahoo.com wrote:

 


Hello,

I have read from Kriyananda, a disciple of Yogananda, that married people should not dance with the opposite sex.

My wife is intent on dancing tango, even though I have expressed that she should not dance with men.

I don't like the idea of a man being so intimate with my wife, being in her aura, directing her, and getting tuned up with her. In fact at the dances, it is random people, wether man or women, you get very intimate with them.


Am I correct to think this way? (Of course I will take all responses with a grain of salt since this is the internet).

Thanks

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/guru_rattana_online

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment