Thursday, April 19, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: Meditations for spine and the Chakras

 

Regarding Chakras, I recently borrowed a public library book that I only managed to skim through because my mind was overwhelmed by it.
http://www.dailyom.com/library/000/001/000001863.html (I have not read this page, it is just to show you the appearance of the book I refer to)

The Encyclopedia of Subtle Energy by Cyndi Dale

What intrigued me is how everybody has their own 'view' on the world and the human body. What expanded my mind was there is diagrams by one person depicting more chakras than just the 7 inside the body. I had to return the book and am awaiting my turn to borrow it again. I also had someone say in speaking of my hands that there is a spinning chakra at every joint. I did not question the source of this information at that time as it was during a class on sound toning the 7 chakras and it was not the time for in depth theological discussion.

I recall one diagram had a chakra several inches into the ground under me, one at my feet, and two more at varying distances above my head. It also depicted the hands themselves as rotating chakra energies. What also fascinated me was not only did I have layers of rainbow colors around me but layers of infrared light, microwave, and UHF (radio frequencies). It has become popular to go into infrared saunas and I had a thought maybe I could use my own infrared light to give myself a treatment. It only has been a thought, not acted upon.

In doing Taoist Tai Chi Jongs, I have had various experiences of how the jongs are moving the energies around my hands and I am starting to feel the channels and movements shifting and changing, sometimes. Since resuming Kundalini Yoga and visiting a Sikh Gurdwara for part of a service, even though it was in Punjabi and I only know English, the energy when I do the jongs now is at times becoming really intense and wonderful.

I have only just started doing the Morning Call and am doing my best to learn online as there are no teachers physically close to my city at the moment.

I have not been to a tai chi class for over a month due to a cold, however I hope to return today and begin again working on a body that is moving towards being fit enough for the moving Kundalini Kriyas and not just the more gentle 'still' Kundalini meditations.

I hope it was okay to share this on this group.

Sat Nam

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, Guru Rattana <gururattan@...> wrote:
>
> I chant this mantra up my spine every day at the end of my sadhana for
> 11 minutes. I love the feeling.
>
> Softly place each sound at the numbered chakra. Do not attempt to move
> the spine, just feel the mantra at each chakra.
>
> 1 Guru
> 2 Guru
> 3 Wahe
> 4 Guru,
> 5 Guru
> 6 Ram Das
> 7 Guru
>
> Sat Nam!
>
> Guru Rattana :+)
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment