Wednesday, August 10, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: Natural remedies for sun spots

 

I am not a doctor, this is conversation only, but I will tell you my experience.
I am fair skinned and live in Hawaii. It used to be every time i visited the dermatologist she would burn maybe 8 or 10 little pre cancers off.
i started taking an antioxident called Astaxanthin every morning. Within a year the precancerous spots dropped down to 0-2 per visit. I can't say for sure that Astaxanthin was the cause, but that is what happened.
Astaxanthin is made from algae (I think)- It is the red in Salmon. I also found that my joints felt better and I stopped taking Glucosomine/Condrotin.

On sunscreen, in my research there is nothing truly natural that works. You have to compromise a little for effectiveness. Look for titanium and zinc physical blocks rather then chemical. You will have a white coating, but IMHO that is better then using chemicals. Eviromental working group keeps track of toxicity brands. Check here before you buy anything.
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/
I surf, kayak and so on, so waterproof is important to me. I use a brand that is not listed called "Smart Girls Who Surf" (yeah I am a guy, go ahead and laugh). For non-water I use Badger 30 and Vanicream 60.
Lastly, but you know this - sleeves and a hat! Cyclists have literal SPF sleeves to pull up under short sleeved shirts that are nice for walks in the sun and such.

Hope that helps,

Namaste,

Tom

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment