Sunday, March 6, 2011

[Kundalini Yoga] Breathwalk [was - I'm back! And it's like coming home.

 

Hello
I used to do Breathwalk (and thank you for bringing it back to my consciousness).

Fairly simple: I never read the book, but was instructed by the book's author -
Walking. Let's start with the left foot -altho you could start with the right. As you place the left foot down inhale, silently say SAT, right foot- TA, left-NA, right - MA. Each of these 4 beats is an inhale. Then exhale in 4 beats, also corresponding with left foot - right foot- left -right, exhale and say aloud in 4 beats wa-he-gu-ru.

Do this for 5 minutes, then just walk for 3 min or so, then repeat 5 minutes of chanting, until you have done four 5-min sessions.
This is the way it was told to me.

When I used to do it, sometimes I would go over 5 minutes and do it for 10 minutes.
I found it very relaxing, and now that you have brought it up, I've got to remember to do it again.

Hope this helps.

sat nam,
Kartar Kaur

PS I enjoyed reading everyone's responses to my post. I very much agree that - at least for some people - Kundalini Yoga is a must, and must be a part of daily life - altho I am still striving to accomplish that.
--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, "Shaun J. Duvall" <shaunjd@...> wrote:
>
> I agree on this. It is almost like a 12 step type thing. I am just a baby
> beginner, and feel the same way. When (as right now) I talk myself out of
> practicing, I immediately fall into old, bad habits and start demeaning
> myself. maybe we need a daily "meeting" to keep ourselves responsible?
>
> Is anyone out there knowledgeable about Breatwalk? Who might like to help me
> get started? I bought the book, but would like some tips on starting.....
>
> Shaun
>
>
>
> Shaun Judge Duvall
>
> SJD Language & Culture Service, LLC.
>
> Puentes/Bridges, Inc.
>
> 1245 Riverview Dr.
>
> Alma, WI 54610
>
> 608-685-4705
>
> www.puentesbridges.org
>
>
>
> Take them , and they'll see; show them, and they'll understand; share
> withthem, and they'll care.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment