Thursday, February 10, 2011

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] Menopause and KY

 



Thanks, Joan and Angela. Your replies are most helpful. I appreciate the encouragement. I do think it is no coincidence that I started KY just as I entered perimenopause and I do believe it has helped in remarkable ways with positive changes I've made in my life. Its enabling me to look at this transition as transformative (though not always easy!) and I certainly appreciate the strength KY has given me. Angela, if its not too much trouble I'd love to see the set you are doing. I'd also be curious to hear how people's practices have changed as they've gotten older.

Sat nam everyone,

Julie

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Valenti - QM Yoga" <angela@...> wrote:
>
> This is timely for me as well! The night sweats I’ve been experiencing lately feel amazingly similar to the heat I feel generating when I do spinal flexes for example. Starts at the base of the spine and spreads upwards all at once. Last night I tried the cooling Sitali breath when the night sweat woke me up. I can’t say it cooled things down but it did relax me and relieve the irritation and frustration I otherwise experience.
> I also found a yoga set from 1971 entitled Emotional Balance and Prevention of Early Menopause that I am doing for 40 days. I can scan it and email it to you if you like. It is a short set, not too strenuous and I vary my warm-ups depending on how I feel.
>
> Think you’re wise to recognize that pushing yourself is not the way to go. But why not just continue with some easier KY sets or do them at an easier pace â€" one that suits your stamina at the moment. Perhaps sets that are more meditative than physical.
>
> Can’t say I’ve had a lot of problems with perimenopause but I’m very aware that many changes have been occuring the last few years and without my KY practice I don’t think I would be on such an even keel and able to deal with these sometimes very frustrating hormonal happenings!
>
> Wishing you luck!
> Angela
>
> From: ssubvocal
> Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 7:56 PM
> To: Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Kundalini Yoga] Menopause and KY
>
>
> I am right in the midst of my menopause transition and been practicing KY for a couple of years. Hatha practitioners have suggested that KY may generate too much fire for one going through menopause. My stamina has definitely lessened since hitting the transition and pushing myself feels wrong. Any suggestions on how best to work with this?
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment