Monday, April 6, 2015

[Kundalini Yoga] jet lag kriya

 

Here is a report on the kriya for jet lag.

I recently took a trip from Hawaii to Laos / Thailand.  Time here now is 9:30 PM, there 2:30 PM tomorrow.  17 time zones or so

The kriya which I learned on the RaviAna AM/PM DVD is a pranayam, 31 minutes.

4 sniffs inhale, 16 counts hold, 2 counts exhale

SA TA NA  MA inhale,  4 repetitions of SA TA NA MA. This will be 16 counts on the hold, Wahe on part one of exhale, guru on the second part.

Going west, I give it a 4 Lotus on a 1-5 scale.  I had no "bonk" ever but I did wake up for  30 minutes or so at 1:30 AM exactly for several days.

I did the meditation basically wrong on the first day, I forgot how long the hold was.  On day two I followed the DVD and just stretched it out to 31+ minutes before bed.  I might have fallen asleep for a few minutes during the meditation.

Other things I did wrong:  you should have no coffee or alcohol when traveling for jet lag.  I had an espresso the morning I left and a small glass of wine on the plane.  Things I did right:  Lots of hydration and and afternoon nap at my destination.

Going east, I give it a 3 1/2 Lotuses out of 5.  Again no "bonk" ever, and I got immediately on the local time but I was up on night three after returning.  Really awake.  I figured don't fight it and watched a movie "the book thief" and some Adyashanti videos.  I figure I was awake 2 /12 or 3 hours that night starting at midnight.  . The other nights were pretty good, I was up a little each night  but fell back asleep quickly.

 This time I did the full 31 minutes on the plane as it was coming in and again at bedtime for several days.   I was again very hydrated on the plane, but again had a shot of espresso in the morning.  I was in coach trying to fit my 6'1" body into a sleeping position for an all night flight that got in at 9:30 in the morning.

So there you have it.  Not a perfect meditation, but highly recommended.

Be well, my friends,

Tom







__._,_.___

Posted by: Tom Wallace <tomlwallace@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/guru_rattana_online

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment