Wednesday, February 5, 2014

[Kundalini Yoga] to Squat or Not to Squat - a very good article for us yoga folks


Sat Nam all ya'll,
     This article explains to me why an old injury I had suffered while in high school actual ceased to be a problem once I started doing Frog Pose at 30. I began doing 5 minutes a day for 7 months (and then completely laying out for 11 mins - the rejuvenation was profound!). This article focuses more so on a complete flex of the ankle while squatting, or what we call "Crow Pose".
Obviously if there is pain in the knee then adjust the effort accordingly, but don't write off the idea of a deep squat. For these past 3 years I have been healing from a new knee injury (unrelated to yoga), and have been slowing adding Frogs back into my practice as it has healed.
And don't forget your Ginger and Turmeric (Golden Milk).... always good for inflammation and flexibility.

http://www.somastruct.com/5-reasons-to-start-full-squatting/


Blesssssss!
Dharam

--
Gong Songs
Sessions - Training
Sales and Support
www.gongsongs.com
soundcloud.com/dharam-singh
(508) 306-1969
Skype: pranasaurus



No comments:

Post a Comment