Monday, October 8, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: KY for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

 


> The easiest and most effective way to strengthen the area
> is to excersise the hands.

I believe my RSI was not caused by lack of strength but excess muscle tension putting forces on my tendons and muscles so they mal-functioned under stress sooner than they could have.

Modern people suffer from tension in two ways. One is static tension caused by repeated tensing ups that don't release. The other is that when we start an action or get excited during action (such as trying harder or getting annoyed while we type) we tend to tense up unnecessarily.

Yoga works to help us notice these problems and teaches us the tools to rectify them consciously. It also helps our system fix them by itself.

I can't say the suggested exercise is bad as I never tried it myself. But I was always wary of RSI advice that suggested more strength was the answer.

More appropriate tension and muscle 'recruitment' / tone / tonus is a more subtle concept but did wonders for me. I stopped by RSI before it became serious but have gone from struggling to spend 3 hours a day at a keyboard to being fine doing 8 to 10 hours sometimes more.

I don't believe excess tension is a local problem either - the holistic path of daily yoga fixed my RSI and did many other wonderful things too.

Keith


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment