Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] OCD

 

Greetings,

On Jun 16, 2012, at 04:29, Arvind Garg wrote:
> i am suffering from worst from OCD from the past 8 years and not SSRI are also not working.

OCD is no fun at all...

> I have bought OCD david shannahoff dvd buy not doing it regularly. My OCD is putting soe muc doubt that david shannahoff OCD protocol will help. Everytime I thin of doing it , my mind says when OCD cannot be cured which modern medical science says then how come this meditation will cure.

What makes you think that "modern medical science" is worthwhile (at least in this instance)? The sacred cows of science have been proven wrong many, many times over the centuries.

Mending a broken limb is something medical science is very good at; working with the body to help it heal itself in subtle ways is not generally something they care about (here in the States anyway).

For many people SSRI use has been proven to be less effective than a placebo, although there are those for whom it works quite well. I personally fall into the category of those who become suicidal when taking SSRIs, and "modern" medical practitioners keep wanting me to take *different* SSRI drugs. Apparently these doctors don't understand what it means to react to a class of drugs or that repeated drug-induced suicidal states inevitably become a death sentence. They certainly don't seem to care about how much agony I've been through.

Needless to say I've been exploring alternatives for a long time now.

So. Your mind (small) is choosing a specious (false) argument to fool you into inaction.

Proper diet, exercise, and nutritional supplementation are powerful anodynes to OCD - as is returning the body's energy system to a healthier state.

I'm not familiar with David Shannahoff, so perhaps the Universe has given me a nudge. (Preliminary research looks interesting.)

At any given moment no matter how bad I'm feeling I can effect at least some improvement by doing nothing more than Yoga breathing for two minutes. If I can make a change in 120 seconds then what can I do in 20 minutes?

Doing Hatha Yoga for 10-20 minutes pretty much forces my mind to change its focus at least for that time period, and there are always lasting benefits - even if I don't recognize them at the time.

One important principle for me to remember is that *I* am not my mind, and when I observe my mind it becomes clear this is true.

My first step in dealing with out-of-control THINKING is to notice. My second step is to become the observer and watch without judgement the THINKING take place. Often this observation leads to a cessation of the THINKING, but at the very least it *always* leads to a reduction in the THINKING.

From there I turn to other techniques when necessary.

There is HOPE.

Perhaps the most difficult thing is overcoming the inertia of inaction, and it is frequently surprising how little effort is necessary to start the ball rolling.

When I am open to my TRUE needs for healing I tend to make progress, and I continually work to let go of the things that limit me.

Blessings be upon you.

Sat Nam.

--
Christopher Stone

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment