Monday, June 25, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: OCD

 



> On Jun 16, 2012, at 04:29, Arvind Garg wrote:

> I have bought OCD david shannahoff dvd buy not doing it
> regularly. My OCD is putting soe muc doubt that
> david shannahoff OCD protocol will help. Everytime I thin
> of doing it , my mind says when OCD cannot be cured which
> modern medical science says then how come this meditation will cure.

My mind told me this yoga could not possibly work. I could not see how it could possibly work.
But as I did the yoga I started to see that my 'mind' gives me a picture of the world and myself and that picture is just plain wrong in some important ways. The main thing for me is learning that my 'mind' needs my 'body' to exist and some problems in the mind start improving if you do yoga every day. Which problems? Well you find out by doing yoga every day! One day when science has caught up it will tell us but that's not yet!

It was 18 months after my first Kundalini yoga class that I did a full kriya for 40 days.

Then I looked back and though 'Why didnt someone tell me to do this sooner'.

Of course they had told me many times but I didn't believe them.

Best of luck,
I hope one day you realise how lucky you have been to discover this yoga.

Keith.

PS - I didn't have full OCD but was becoming ever more stressed and as I did so was succumbing to more compulsive behaviours, bad habits and paranoid thoughts. As yoga de-stressed me these things just starting going away by themselves. Some of our actions are what we consciously want - others come from deeper where we can't control.
Yoga leads to a fundamental weakening of powerful processes in our system - reactions that give rise to unwanted habitual behaviours.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment