Wednesday, June 20, 2012

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: OCD

 

Hello,
What works for me when I am in the position of "nothing will work, so why try anyting?"-
is - I consider it an experiment.
So I tell myself, OK, doing xxx won't do any good, BUT I'm just going to do it to see how I feel.
Sometimes, if I can just do it once, then I am unstuck.
So - you could tell your mind,I'll do xxx minutes of the protocol,just to see how I will feel. In other words, don't attach too much importance to doing it.

Also, psychiatrists may tell you that there is no cure for OCD, but Jeffrey Schwartz in a book I read, has lots of people being cured of it.
The book is "The Mind and the Brain: Neuroplasticity and the Power of Mental Force", and I found it fascinating.

thirdly, altho I haven't read David Shannahoff's book,he is highly regarded, and you should tell yr mind, go take a walk, while I just give this a try. Sometimes we gotta overcome our minds.

I hope this helps,
kartar Kaur

--- In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, "Arvind Garg" <ag_dwh@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> i am suffering from worst from OCD from the past 8 years and not SSRI are also not working. I have bought OCD david shannahoff dvd buy not doing it regularly. My OCD is putting soe muc doubt that david shannahoff OCD protocol will help. Everytime I thin of doing it , my mind says when OCD cannot be cured which modern medical science says then how come this meditation will cure.
> Please guide.
> AG
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment