Friday, December 20, 2013

[Kundalini Yoga] Re: Sodarshan Chakra Kriya for fall

 

First let me say I am not a KY teacher, just a guy that decided to do Sodarshan Chakra Kriya.  So whatever your teacher says trumps what I say.  I started a 40 day practice and kept it join for 15 months.  Stopped and then started again a little over a month ago.

I found a couple of challenges that caused unnecessary delays in my practice.  Hopefully these simple simple pointers will save you some time and aggravation.

The first challenge was counting.  I tried making audio recordings, counting in my head and nothing flowed.  A tip I learned on this newsgroup was to use the left hand to count.  Use the left thumb as a pointer.  The four fingers become your abacus.  First touch the base  of the pointer finger, then the base of the middle finger and so on.  The next row of four starts with the first joint of the pointer finger and continues on the joints of all the fingers, the next row starts on the second joint and the last row is the tips of the fingers.  Each of these 16 points gets 3 pumps and  a Wah Hey Guru.  48 pumps.  Simple. Elegant. After a couple months I just knew how many 48 was, but it took a while of using the fingers to get there.

The second hard thing is your right hand. The instructions just show a picture of the right hand up and do not mention dropping it.   Not only is it hard to hold up your arm and hand for extended periods (I was up to 62 minutes a day for six months) but it is distracting when you are focused on the tip of your nose.  Guru Rattana confirmed that it is OK to put your hand down while the breath is held in.  This is so much better.  You can focus on the subtle effects of the breath, mantra and pumping and not on how much your hand and arm hurt!

Those two are the main tips I would tell anyone.  Focusing on the tip of the nose is also hard, and if anyone has ideas on this please share.  Mostly I just pushed through.

The last tip, and I know we all have busy lives and this is hard, but if you can take a little still time after SDK I think you will probably find great value in the stillness.  Give the energy a chance to marinate. 

During these longer dark nights is a great time to start this practice.

Sat Nam,

Tom

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/guru_rattana_online

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment