Tuesday, October 15, 2013

[Kundalini Yoga] RE: Study and learn Japji-Sahib

 

Sat nam,

They are currently listed as unavailable, but the Japji cards have useful translations for each pauri.

http://ahw.stores.yahoo.net/japjicards.html

The way I learned Japji was to simply chant it every morning in sadhana, first by following along in a book (with the transliterated version) and focusing on different chunks of it to memorize at a time. You've probably noticed that some sections are easier than others to remember because they have a symmetry and poetry of their own, like the passages beginning with "suni-ai" and "gaava-hi."

I think it took me two 40-days and part of a 90-day commitment to memorize it all. The first time I heard Japji and tried to follow along, I was flustered -- it was so fast! (And we were listening to a relatively slow recorded version!). But I saw that my teacher had memorized, so I knew it was possible. I now absolutely love Japji and chant it whenever I feel like it, no matter the time of day.

Best of luck to you!

Nimrita Kaur





---In Kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com, <kundaliniyoga@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Sat Nam!

I would like to memorize Japji - I have a good You Tube w/the translations and phonetic spelling and I have it in print.  I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a group/website/book that goes into the meaning and interpretation of this prayer or chant?

Blessings

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/guru_rattana_online

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment