Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Re: [Kundalini Yoga] Eczma

 

Sat nam Keith

Traditional Chinese Medicine is recognised as being very effective for helping with eczema [ even amongst allopathic doctors ]. Dairy products are also said to aggravate it [ as they may do with other skin conditions ].

As I understand it, there are different kinds of eczema so it makes sense to get it identified by a recommended professional.

And if we remember that we are mind, body and spirit, we can explore any "condition" from each of these perspectives as they are related.

I have great empathy with anyone experiencing a skin condition. I suffered for years and have been "treated" with a range of approaches.

When I saw an acupuncturist/Chinese herbalist who is also a KY teacher, he said the underlying causes related energetically to my father and my liver, alongside heat - how my body was, or more to the point wasn't, releasing it. Acupuncture really helped with this because the needles drew the heat out.

Another area I explored was my own sensitivity and how easily I'm affected by different environments, as well as being shy since a small child, not allowing myself to fully participate, be present or be seen. This can manifest itself very physically through the skin.

We are also in a time where people will experience increased senstivity due to so many toxic things we are constantly exposed to.

A mixture of pranayam, meditation, nutrition, acupuncture, herbs and a very simple skin routine all seemed to help to different degrees.

Mostly though, and this is the spiritual component coming in, I truly believe what has made the most significant change has been becoming more my self, with surrendering and acceptance being key factors. And the other things contributed what they did along the way.

I don't know if this is at all useful as it's personal to me and probably doesn't answer your question! I just felt inspired to share that there are so many dimensions to our being and really we don't always know why something is like it is. But ultimately, becoming more of our self, which is innocent and pure, can bring deep and extra-ordinary changes. And while we are engaging in a powerfully cleansing practice like KY to support becoming more of our God-soul-self, we are also clearing the historical karmas which carry the scars that they do.

With love, Angad Kaur

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KUNDALINI YOGA is brought to you by Yoga Technology - Make www.yogatech.com your first stop for all your Kundalini Yoga reading, viewing and listening materials. Now with FREE US Shipping!

GURU RATTANA ONLINE - NEW Ground-Breaking Streaming Video Subscription Service - learn with Guru Rattana in the privacy and comfort of your own home. More details from http://www.yogatech.com/grol.html

FREE ONLINE KUNDALINI YOGA LESSONS - http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/classes.html

FOLLOW GURU RATTANA ON TWITTER - http://twitter.com/gururattana
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment